Whether you are looking to fully outsource your credentialing function, or you simply want to identify a resource to use during high volume months, we can create a package that will deliver an efficient, cost effective solution to meet your specific credentialing needs.
Application processing: Initial and reappointment applications are processed in accordance with State, Federal and Joint Commission requirements. Upon completion of a processed application, all primary source verifications are returned electronically to allow for paperless storage, or in hard copy via overnight mail. In addition, each processed file will include a computerized application profile and verification summary report.
Processing Timeframes: The average turnaround time is 30 days, or less, following receipt of a complete application. (Expedited/Rush processing is available)
Reappointment Monitoring: Applications for reappointment are distributed to practitioners 160 days prior to the expiration of current appointment. Second requests; sent 30 days thereafter. Third requests; sent 45 days prior to expiration of current appointment to client via email to allow for client intervention to determine practitioner’s desire for continued membership and/or encourage response.
Expiring Credentials Monitoring: Expiring state medical license, controlled substance registration(s), and malpractice certificates of insurance are monitored and written notices faxed to practitioners requesting return of renewal certificate 30 days prior to expiration date, with second requests faxed out 15 days prior to expiration date. Renewal certificates are then forwarded to facility for master credential file. Bi-monthly reports are forwarded to client to communicate any non-responsive practitioners and allow for client intervention to encourage response.
Added Benefits to outsourcing your credentialing with KMS Credentialing Resources
- Client secured Web-based access to practitioner records which allows client to track real time progress of applications in process
- Creates and forwards to client customized reports and rosters upon request
- Creates and forwards to client practitioner appointment notices following approval (Simply print, sign and send)
- Creates and forwards to client electronic Medical Staff Rosters to allow email distribution to departments
- Provides Medical Staff Credentialing Policy and Procedure Manual compliant with Joint Commission and CMS regulatory requirements, with updates as warranted.
- Delivers ongoing educational news to keep you informed with current issues, updates and other information pertinent to medical staff credentialing.